Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Best Practices in Organ & Tissue Donation - HCA/St. David's Partnership
Wednesday, March 24, 2010 from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM (CDT)
Workshop Learning Objectives:
- Discuss the critical shortage of organs available for transplant
- Discuss commonly believed myths, the facts about donation and cultural views
- Describe the role of the hospital staff in the donaiton process
- Describe donor management and recovery procedures and process
- Discuss First Person Consent/State Registry and approaching families
- Donation After Cardiac Death
6.5 Free CEUs and Breakfast and lunch are provided.
Please let us know if you need a vegetarian meal.
This program has been approved by the American Association of Critical CAre Nurses (AACN) for 6.5 contact hours, CERP Category A, File Number 15684.
When & Where
Texas Organ Sharing Alliance
The Texas Organ Sharing Alliance (TOSA) is one of only 58 non-profit 501(c)(3), independent, federally-designated Organ Procurement Organizations (OPOs) in the United States dedicated to educating and providing organ donation and recovery services to families wishing to donate and to those waiting for a life-saving organ transplant. Founded in 1975, TOSA serves 56 counties in South and Central Texas.
Contact: Jody Gibson
Office Direct 512.342.8017